5. Procedures. Authorization is completed by the issuance of a Courier Card or Letter of Authorization by the GSA Director of Personnel Security. The classified courier receives the original card or letter, and a copy is maintained by GSA’s Security Programs Branch. age.grams., local, CONUS), authorization expiration date, type of material authorized to carry (age.grams., hard copy documents, DVD/CD, COMSEC equipment), and method of transportation (age.g. sugar-daddies.net/sugar-daddies-usa, personal or Government vehicle, taxi, bus, train).
In advance of hauling classified topic through aircraft, new GSA Director regarding Professionals Defense ought to provide extra authored approval, just like the additional record and you may protection protocols apply whenever take a trip through aircraft.
Note: The newest COMSEC movie director and you may Choice COMSEC manager certainly are the just GSA professionals authorized so you can approve the fresh new issuance, treatment, and/or transportation regarding COMSEC equipment.
a. Preparation out-of categorized situation (not to ever include categorized They gadgets). Classified information shall be transmitted and received in an authorized manner which ensures that evidence of tampering can be detected, that inadvertent access can be precluded, and that provides a method which assures timely delivery to the intended recipient.
(step 1) Document transmittal acknowledgment. A GSA document transmittal sheet must be completed prior to transporting any classified material from one location to the next. In the event a security incident occurs while in transit, such as when a package is lost, the document transmittal sheet will provide a record of the materials transported. The courier will complete the document transmittal receipt and provide a signed copy to the designated SSM, prior to packaging the classified document. The document transmittal receipt is unclassified and provides contact information for the sender and recipient, a sument that is being transported (note: the summary cannot contain any classified information), and instructions for the recipient to provide receipt of the document once the document has been transported. The original document transmittal receipt is maintained by the SSM or COMSEC manager, as appropriate, for tracking/record keeping purposes.
1. Attach the appropriate level cover sheet [Standard Form (SF) 703 – Top Secret; SF 70cuatro – Secret; SF 705 – Confidential, or SCI coversheet] to the face of the classified documents.
dos. Annotate the full address of the intended recipient, the full return address of the sender, the name of the intended recipient, and the sender.
5. Seal the envelope with reinforced tape of such strength and durability as to provide security protection, prevent items from breaking through the package, and permit detection or evidence of tampering.
2. Place the sealed inner envelope inside the outer envelope. Annotate full address of the intended recipient and full address of the sender. Intended recipients shall only be included by names of an attention line.
3. Seal the envelope with reinforced tape of such strength and durability as to provide security protection, prevent items from breaking through the package, and permit detection or evidence of tampering.
4. For local transportation of classified materials, a locked briefcase or similar type of locking enclosure may serve as the outer envelope. The key must be removed from the briefcase during the transportation. The briefcase must have a nametag or other marking that denotes where the briefcase should be returned if found.